View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #16293
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've lost my virginity! I've just listened to my first audio book!
Rather than bagpipe music or Sousa marches, I decided to try something different on my long walk, and picked up Asimov's "Caves of Steel," a BBC radio drama. Two hours of fast and hard uphill and down, and by the time I was back in my neighborhood, I was just about at the end of the program and the only way I knew for sure that I'd been walking was that my clothes were soaking wet from the effort! What a delightful way to do Asimov!

Stitchawl
I heard that cherry pop from here!

I have always found audio books are a great way to take your mind off boring/repetitive/tiring tasks. The only time I can't listen to them is in bed, as I'm asleep within minutes...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote