View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #27
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As for DRM? Remove the DRM from a kepub and you can view it on another epub viewer with few if any visible results. Finding a non-Amazon app or device that would view a AZW3 or KFX file without conversion to a different format is a bit more difficult. And please note that DRM on KFX ebooks has been updated breaking the current tools.
I just assumed that Amazon used mobi as the base for their newer formats. I guess I was wrong on that. But for all practical purposes it doesn't matter. I can't read KePub on non-Kobo ePub readers, nor can I read AZW3 on non-Kindle mobi devices. So both are proprietary and walled gardens. Removing the DRM on either allows me to convert both formats to whatever I want use.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote