View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #11
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I think this is a good list; the books fall solidly into the quality literature category without quite the element of necessary compulsion, i.e., you get a side of entertainment with your mind-stretching. I like classics myself, but I gather that's not a universally shared taste. They do make for excellent discussions, though!
I don't necessarily like classics, but I like to say I've read them. Hence the need for some element of compulsion.

I certainly didn't like The Three Musketeers or The Old Man and the Sea, but I do like feeling smug about having read them, as I expect I will about The Scarlet Pimpernel, as soon as I get to it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote