View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 04:17 PM   #36
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I was born in San Bernardino (well, technically, the Kaiser Hospital in Fontana). Before leaving California for Maryland (my dad wanted us to "learn how to work" so we moved to a dairy farm) we lived in Laguna Beach for a couple years. But I've lived all over the western United States (after moving to Montana from Maryland). Even went back to California for a few years and worked in Ventura. The last time I worked in California I lived in Yucca Valley (helped install a new phone switch at the 29 Palms Marine Base). Loved the high desert – the first time it rained it took me back to when I was a kid in San Bernardino, the smell of the rain was exactly the same. Now I'm "stuck" in Fort Worth. If it was up to me, I would probably be back up in Montana (somewhere with mountains anyhow).
I've lived most of my life in Southern California: Lomita, Riverside, Laguna Hills and Long Beach with a brief detour to Steinbeck country (spent about a year in Gilroy, the garlic capital of the world) before getting stuck in Houston.

If I had my druthers (and a bigger bank account) I'd happily move back to Long Beach. It's not for tourists, but I think of it as home.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote