View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Sony PRS-505, text indents, paragraph spacing

Using the splendid new Sigil I'm working on creating an ePub and testing it on the PRS-505.

Despite the preview in Sigil showing paragraphs having a text indent, and no spacing between paragraphs, on the PRS-505 and Adobe Digital Editions I see no indent and a space between paragraphs.

I'm specifying the indents and spacing in the CSS like this:
p { text-indent: 1em; margin-bottom: 0em; margin-top: 0em }

and the paragraphs in the text are coded like this:

<p>My instruction in her history is derived from unimpeachable sources, not hitherto available;
much is lost through the interception of time and natural accident; but, from that which remains,
the present work has been studiously and faithfully compiled.</p>

What's going wrong? Can't Adobe Digital Editions handle CSS properly?

Any advice gratefully received.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote