Thread: MobileRead 2015 Categories Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I have updated the first post to use the earlier list, not the one in post 72 and made the change clear in the OP.
The last list I posted is the list. Any other list is a list in progress. So please put back the list as it was in post #72. IThe problem as I pointed out is that by removing "not modern fiction" ruins "modern fiction".

Now I 100% give my approval for remove classic or romance for "historical fiction". But good luck getting that by the majority.

Besides, there's no reason to nominate something that is "historical fiction" in a number of other categories where it would fit fine. There would be 6 months where you could fit in something that's "historical fiction" just like I could put in SF in eight months not including the SF month.

The problem with changing the list is that it's now not how we voted for it. We didn't vote on a list that has "historical fiction" My vote has been violated. So please put it back to the way we voted. If it wins, we can discuss if there's a good month to drop in place of "historical fiction". But "not modern fiction" is not it because it has to be there to go with "modern fiction".

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-18-2014 at 05:00 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote