View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Loved the Sackett books.
Gotta agree, nobody would read Lord of the Flies for fun, but it will be one of the most enduring 20th century novels.
Indeed.

On the Sacketts, and dusters in general. I work in an aboriginal community 5 months a year. Last year I sold one of my spare ereaders to a guy who had all the Louis L'amour books in paper and ebook, but didn't like carrying them around from job to job or reading them on his laptop. People over 40 read a lot in the north. Many of them are reading dusters. I find it a bit odd, that a fairly belligerent community as to aboriginal rights are reading books that refer to them as Indians. Mostly they get right in the tourists faces if they call them Indians. Not saying it is wrong just a tad peculiar.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote