View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
(sigh)

When I click on the Amazon link I get a message that I have to subscribe to read the report but why would I want to support a company that supports arms sales and is bad to animals (paraphrasing).

Really? Just about any major international retailer is going to sell stuff from companies that are some how connected to the arms trade. Heck, they are tied to people in the slave trade (they sell items where there is a massive amount of documentation that shows how slave labor is used to make them, such as chocolate). But then I would have to only shop at stores that sell free trade, fair practice chocolate and I don't know too many places that are that specialized...

And yes, Amazon's warehouses are hard to work in, the work is tough and people are not paid a ton. That sucks but those same people can choose to do something so that they can get better jobs. Amazon follows the law. If you don't like the law, work to get it changed. That goes for labor and tax law because last I know, Amazon has paid all of the taxes it is legally required to. Same as Apple, Sony, BN, and every other major company out there.

It is up to each individual to decide what their breaking point is and where to spend their money but I have a hard time buying the argument made on a sight that uses such inflammatory language and then tries to get me to pay money to see what it is they are complaining about.

So go ahead, buy your e-reader from a small vendor. If you can find it of course. After all, those folks are not large enough to have the ties with weapons dealers, bunny killers, and plantation owners. Nevermind the fact that the highest score was a whooping 10 out of 20 so no one is doing a particullarly ethical job of building an e-reader.

And it is flat out laughable that one of the suggestions is to download apps on your Apple tablet or Samsung Galaxy, because I am sure Apple and Samsung are really better then Amozon on enviromental, labor, and other issues.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote