View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #512
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I'm ending up adding a new option to set/calibrate the swiping.
I'm still trying to decide which solution:

- mouse-style: choose the amount of time and space to detect a swipe gesture (in a prompt), then try it on a popup box. Komic will let you know if you just clicked or swiped. You can then save the setting or edit it again (try&error method)

-calibration-style: click 3(?) times on a popup box. Komic will calculate the average time and space and then apply a tolerance (the user can set it in percentage). This setting is used to detect a click; above those amounts, you're swiping.

Anyway, I want to rework the control in the readingJS.js to:
- use a single if to detect swipe/click: the if will be placed in the trackMouse(). In the mUp() I will check a boolean flag. I.E: if the first control starts a swipe action, then in the mUp I will refresh the page; on the contrary, I will trigger the singleclick
- use settings provided by the option and stored in the localstorage
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote