View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #11
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
You should try some of the other email clients before resorting to a factory reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppowell002 View Post
I get two different error messages depending on which server I am trying to connect to. First is "cannot connect to server, that is for pop 25 and pop 587 . Second is when I try with SSL ticked...can't safely connect to server etc.
As noted earlier, for POP3 (incoming), you should be using port 995 and not 25.
For SMTP (outgoing), port 25 or 587.

For both incoming and outgoing server configs, I've noticed that when you select the SSL option AFTER entering the port number, it often reverts back to whatever the default assignment happens to be and you need to re-enter the correct port number.

Last edited by kumaryu; 03-08-2013 at 05:34 AM.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote