View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I remember vividly learning to read, when the letters C-A-T, the picture of a black cat, and the sound of the word "cat" came together with an almost audible click. My first thought was "now, nobody will every be able to keep secrets from me again!" (my parents used to spell out word they didn't want to say in front of us kids, I think is what did it)

As a kid I much preferred living in the world of the imagination - real life was so *boring* when I could be having adventures-by-proxy in books.

And then I started being picked on, and I discovered that a nice, big, heavy book made a great weapon, particularly when shoved hard into some bully's stomach. They almost never grabbed for the book - I guess books had anti-bully cooties or some such.

I still feel like I'm being let in on a wonderful secret everytime I read a book, though.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote