View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #14547
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Some of my recent reads:

"Last Seen Wearing" by Colin Dexter.

"Off With His Head" by Ngaio Marsh

"The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn" by Colin Dexter

"The Curse of the Pharaohs" by Elizabeth Peters
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
STOP! My to read list is long enough. Could you start with Last Seen Wearing... or should you really read the first one first?

BOb
Sigh. It's been years since I read the Morse books, but now you've gone and done it. I'm going to have to go back and read them. They were excellent, even better than the series, and that's saying a lot.

And the Elizabeth Peters books. My wife has read them all, but I've somehow never gotten in to them. Time to give them another try.

While we're at it, may I suggest the R. D. Wingfield Inspector Frost books? They're available in the UK on Kindle, but NOT in the US, unfortunately, or I'd buy some. I remember reading them 20 years ago and being quite pleased with them.

(This thread is the pits for those of us trying to control our eBook habit!)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote