View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #27
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
I ordered two (here in the UK it's the £69 Kindle) and they're due tomorrow. Excited now! After 4 years and 4 devices I'm jumping ship from Sony - I finally got fed up with managing books and 'last read' positions manually across my work reader, my home reader and my phone. Looking forward to that whispersync goodness...

Andrew
Congratulations!

You may know this already (or it may not matter to you), but if you convert your existing e-books to .mobi and e-mail them to your Kindle, they will be stored in your Amazon library *and* whispersync will work with these books (which Amazon calls "personal documents.")

This feature has been around for about a year; originally whispersync only worked with books you bought from Amazon. But you do have to e-mail them; sideloading with the cable won't activate whispersync.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote