View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Maybe if the borrow doesn't work out a button on the conversion screen saying save the settings for this book as the default.

Helen
Helen, yes, that would be a step forward

My ideas for theDucks Borrow idea are
  • Add a setting to Preferences->Conversion->Common called "Borrow Library" which references a Calibre Library.
  • Add a "Borrow" button to Conversion, clicking it would display the list of titles in the Borrow Library, from which a selection is made, the Conversion Settings from the selected book in the Borrow Library would be injected into the Book being converted.
But that probably takes it out of the domain of PlugIns

My Borrow Library would have the 30 odd "templates" I mentioned earlier - with names like "PDF2EPUB_UKPARL_GreenPaper", "RTF2EPUB_EUROSTAT_CountryReport" etc.

If the result is unsatisfactory then I can quickly try another template by typing C and clicking Borrow again. Some institutions use different styles on similar documents for no apparent reason. Particularly the one with a currency problem

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-31-2012 at 09:04 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote