View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #34
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuPogodi View Post
I've also recently written and tiny-c-compiled several small utilities to convert framebuffer to conventional graphic formats - bmp, pgm, tiff and png (based on the LodePNG version 20120623 by Lode Vandevenne). These were succesfully tested on my K3 (4bpp), but unfortunately, I have no 8bpp raw images to play with... If someone could provide raw-8bpp-files made on K4 & K5, I would be very appreciated.
Just for testing purposes - screen2png, that contains [i] c-code & compiled binary to make png-shots and store them in the /mnt/us/pictures/screenshots/ (so that Alt-Z allows you to see the made screenshots via the built-in picture viewer) and [ii] scripts to launch it from launchpad (Shift-Q-Q = instant shot, Shift-Q-W = shot after 10 seconds) & kite.

[UPD] Here is the c-sources and compiled binaries to convert the framebuffer content to uncompressed bmp, pgm & tiff and, then, to compress them with the system call of bzip2. I expect that screen2pgm should properly work on 8bpp-devices.
thanks ,

I have managed to get this to work here , but all i get from screen2tiff , screen2pgm and screen2bmp are *.bz2 , end in every 3 , after extracted and converted , i just have buggy images.

yes, when the commands are called they tend to work , and also write on /mnt/us/ the files , the only problem seems to be that the image get corrupted somehow...

I´m on kindle touch. maybe this should work for nontouch only ?

geekmaster; maybe this problem comes from the tiny diferences on 600x800 and 608x800 ? if its that , could you fix this up maybe ?

thanks !

Last edited by TulseLuper; 07-28-2012 at 04:12 PM.
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote