View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #12465
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Started No Mark Upon Her by Deborah Crombie, the latest Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James novel. I've had it here for a couple of weeks now, and my wife finished and really liked it, so I decided to jump on it and hold the Weber book as incentive.
Finished No Mark Upon Her by Deborah Crombie. This book was a bit of a slow start the first chapter or so, and I was annoyed at the who the victim was. But the book kept building and building for me, and I ended up reading until 1AM this morning to finish it.

The book features the ongoing relationship between the now married DCI Duncan Sinclair and DI Gemma James. In this case the victum is a singles sculler, working out of the Leander Club in Henley. And for rowing, it doesn't get any better than that. As someone who grew up around rowers and scullers, I found the backdrop very well done and compelling and the whole book gets a definite 5 out of 5. Highly Recommended.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote