View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabbles View Post
well, i prefer android myself, but i'd recommend the ipad over the xoom also. as good as the honeycomb is, android's still got some maturing to do. i don't want to push people away from android with something this buggy. when you can use the stock browser without fc'ing and run older apps without fc'ing i may start to push android tablets to people who ask.

plus the app selection needs to catch up. android has a lot of alternatives to ios' apps, but they're usually not as good. kind of like linux's alternative apps to commercial windows apps. they may be good, but just not as polished.
The whole app selection "needs to catch up" and "not as good" is such an old outdated argument. Now for tablets that may ring true but for phones, it's just makes me roll my eyes.
Almost all major apps are on both platforms. Bank of America is no better on iPhone than it is on Android and vice versa. it's all rhetoric nonsense. Each have a few apps that one has the other does not. But almost all of the major apps one would really use are across both platforms and run nice.

It's all a bogus numbers game. You do know the Apple counts each one of it's 10,000 Tip apps as individual apps.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote