View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
One thing I am not clear on--and I should probably ask Adobe or Kobo about--is the relationship between the email address on the book site and the email address on the ADE account. I know that initially, my email account on the Sony bookstore was different from the one I used on Kobo and for my ADE account. I was not able to successfully add the books bought from Sony into that ADE for transfer onto Kobo. When I set up a second Sony account with the same email address I used for Kobo and ADE, all was well..

My husband and I use the same Kobo account and the same ADE account--we have no problems. I don't know if we had two different Kobo accounts--with two different email addresses--if we could share on ADE. I suspect the answer is that we could not. ADE attaches even when we download ePUB formatted books with Calibre, rather than ADE. I suspect that ADE incorporates the email address of the Kobo account (or into the Sony account) and builds it into the DRM in much the same way as B&N builds credit card info into its version of ADE.

Does anyone here know more about this? I'm reading about password based ADE and I am even more confused.

Last edited by taming; 10-24-2010 at 02:19 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote