View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 03:53 AM   #87
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
I'm in the process of testing out different apps for hand writing to text conversion. Experimenting with 7NotesHD, Notes Plus and WritePad at the moment. Does anyone prefer one over the other?
I've frequently mentioned my preference for WritePad. I've tried the others, but just love the way it works on the iPad. Two caveats: (1) The OP of this thread, FlorenceArt, isn't quite as impressed as I am by WritePad, although the fact that Florence is French may have something to do with that opinion. WritePad seems to be optimized for English. (2) WritePad now requires iOS 6 for upgrades; meaning if you have a first generation iPad like I do, you won't be able to upgrade to the latest and greatest version. But I am amazed by its accuracy and ease of use and highly recommend it.

I bought my grandson a copy of WritePad for his Kindle Fire but wasn't nearly so impressed by the way it performs on that device. On the Fire, you need to write in a small text box and manually convert after writing one or two words. On the iPad you can use the entire screen for writing and it's converted to text on the fly. WritePad isn't perfect, and you still need to proofread the converted text for mistakes, but as you continue to use the program, those mistakes become fewer and fewer.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote