View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #202
TheSacredSoul
Mithrandir
TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Good luck with yours. I just got mine (after 3 months of waiting! - Amazon shipped mine Oct 5, so it was one of the first batches sent out) and I have pink and green blotches all over my screen (not to mention 3 tiny, glowing specks). Contacted Amazon hoping they'd ship me a replacement here but no, has to be a US address. So I'm keeping it for a while, hoping I can learn to live with the rainbows. They gave me a $20 credit on ebooks for "my trouble", although I would have been happier with just a better screen.

Oh, the customer service agent I spoke to on chat still insisted this problem was "normal" and told me I could have a replacement (sent to a US address) but if I still had the same problem, they wouldn't be offering another replacement again.

(Btw I ordered two Kindles - one for me and one for my mom. She seems to have had the better luck of the draw, because while hers also has blotches, it's only in one color (green), and faint, so it comes out more even in the dark, and not quite as distracting.)
Argh man. That's a tough hand to be dealt. Looks like I'll have to live with a screen if I get it. One thing I don't get is how all the reviewers seem to get perfectly normal screen. I've literally seen tens of reviews of the paperwhite and the only screen issue they all had was the shadows caused by the LEDs. No hues or blotches anywhere. In fact, I only found out that such a problem exists on the PW after coming on to mobileread.
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote