View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 02:28 AM   #86
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I was going to read a book that started with the following passage:

Quote:
Sight was more dominant than sound for the hallway was dark and offered no clue as to what lurked within. The sounds of footsteps revealed a group of men as they moved flawlessly through the near black. A total of five sets of steps could be heard with four matching one another identically. The other was a vast contrast to its brethren for while the others were proud and clear, the 5th was shuffled and without cohesion. The sound of creaking, almost echoing in the black indicated that a set of heavy doors was opening.
Believe it or not, I struggled a couple of pages further before I removed it from my Kindle. I won't say there's nothing in the world that would make me read it, but it would require some serious compensation.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote