View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #48
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
My take on what "Generic reader" means is that they don't want people to replace the Kindle reader skin/GUI with their own. Say like installing FBReader and having that as the main reader. I don't think they will have problems or issues with somebody extending file format support.

In short Amazon wants to keep the "Kindle" experience and prevent others from changing it. Unfortunately they seem to be borrowing a lot from the Apple business model.

=X=
I like the way you're thinking.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote