View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Hobohodou
not such a "badguy" =/
Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Bebook + Zune HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelGade View Post
Dude, you are missing the point.

First off, a comic is not a book. So reading comics on a dedicated book reader is not a good idea. (You can do it, it's just not a good idea).

Second. (and dont flame me for this) PDF is not ebook. Never has been, never will be (and i dont care what Adobe says). PDF is a format for moving preformatted pages between computers. Adobe tries to "fix" this fact with "reflowable" PDF's, but you still cant make it reflow across pages.
Thanks so far for moving this thread the right way by explaining why you like things and why you don't :]

Yeah, i know it's not a format for reading on an e-reader, but it supports JPG and other image files, which most scantlations (read : all apart from one group's) are released in..
To me, they're not comics, they're proper print media released in black and white, with the same price point as a book, and printed mostly on the same paper...
EDIT : also, I guess, the reason I also bought this, even as described above, is...I'm confident that i'd make it work, the conversion process can be a pain...But mostly it's easy (just gets awkward when everything in a volume for every chapter is named page 1-20...=/)

As far as i'm concerned, the device is not just a portable book reader (it even supports audio files, i can see the point, but i ignore it). It's a portable image viewer, and a LOT better than a laptop (see above images)
This is a plus for many fans of manga...what's better than a small portable device capable of letting you read outside? (especially for many series' not released in the west and not available in your regions)..
I also see most readers also, while not explicitly marketed as being marketed for this, being some peoples main use of one

Finally PDF, before using the device, I had only used it, and I only used it for it's true purpose, printing...
It just so happens this seems to be the best way for me to read my media on the device =O !

But once more, thanks for your input !

Last edited by Hobohodou; 10-25-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Hobohodou is offline   Reply With Quote