View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 11:23 AM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm trying an audiobook on Hoopla for the first time and the playback speed option leaves something to be desired. I almost always prefer to listen to non-fiction at an increased speed and in this case the narrator speaks slowly anyway. Unlike my experience of faster playback speeds with the Audible, Downpour and OverDrive apps, however, the sound quality is off.. It's echoey, for want of a better word; roughly comparable to the sound of monaural recordings jiggered to mimic stereo.

It's not a deal-breaker, but it means I wouldn't choose Hoopla unless there were no reasonable alternative
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote