View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #42
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Thanks for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The 2nd generation "VizPlex" screens which devices like the Sony 505, CyBook Gen3, and Amazon Kindle use, have greatly improved contrast compared to your Sony 500, and are much better in dim light. When I had a Sony PRS500 I needed to use a reading light in pretty much any artificial light; with the VizPlex screen on the Gen3 I find that I can read (perhaps with a slightly larger font size) in much the same light levels I'd need for a paperback book.
Hummm... That's interesting. I wandered onto this thread because I was searching for something with the content of the Sony and the readability of the Clie and the eb1150. The Clie is great for what it does but I longed for a larger screen. I read the early reviews of the 505 here at MobilRead. NatCh seemed to like the 505 in the short time he had a review copy but it helps to hear from someone who has lived with both devices.

Some reviewers seemed to think the screen reads better on the blue model than the silver one. This is really silly, but I love how the silver 505 looks like my Clie "all grown up." Is yours silver or blue? Do you find the color makes a difference?

Thanks for sharing your experience.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote