Thread: Android Backup?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
There is a thread in the iOS section about backing up files to your computer from an iPad, and I just read this article:
http://daringfireball.net/2011/04/cutting_that_cord

Is it true you have to root your Android device to backup? How do you transfer stuff to a new phone/tablet from an old one?
No that is not true, Google allows you to backup everything over the cloud. For images google's gallery app integrated to Picasa, it makes Picasa images look like just another image directory. You can easily download and upload images to Picasa. (Picas is googles answer to Photobucket)

Google really pushes cloud computing, coming from a BB platform this was a hard concept for me to get my head around. Once you sync your account all of the information is pulled from the cloud down to the Android app.

Also the vast majority of Android phones have microSD cards which removes the need to backup files, just pull out the card and slap it into the PC or new phone.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote