View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques91 View Post
Thanks davidfor , I have removed the subtitle string in the kobo drive configuration, and you are right metadata should be updated...but not the series as per the following command in the driver:
{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| | – }{title}

Theses are updated as I wrote when I ask for updating the metadata in the kobo library from the KoboUtilities v2.9.0 plugin.
It used to work like a charm before ...
I think we have a complete and utter misunderstanding of what is going on. The template above us the "Save template". This is used to set the file name of the books when sent to the device. This does not appear in the metadata. The recent couple of firmware versions will show this on the details page of the book, but it does not appear anywhere in the library lists for epubs or kepubs. It will be used as the title of a book for the formats that do not have internal metadata. This happens for plain text and CBR or CBZ files.

If the file names on the device do not match what is in the template, then there is a problem. But, nothing so far suggests that is the case.

If you are intending that the above template would set the title of the book when displayed in the library lists, you need to use it in a metadata plugboard.

With this, I am confused about what the problem is. Your first post does say the series info displayed on the device. But, this is referring to the file name. Can you clear state what the problem is? And check that it is still a problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote