View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #10
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary57 View Post
It would be nice to have some more options when something goes wrong, instead of hoping holding the power button will work the same as a actual reset button.
Sorry, but I think you're thinking it the wrong way.

This is very serious problem, at least in my opinion that new Kobo devices come without hardware reset button and rely solely on pressing power button for a long time.

My device (H2O) has reset button and it saved me in instance or two, not sure what would be if I had to rely on power button (it didn't helped me when I tried, that's why I needed to resort to using dedicated, hardware reset button).

But, from perspective of software, when something goes terribly wrong, like in your case, software is already powerless to do anything. Because, your device is for some reason blocked beyond (any) software help.

So, no koreader, no nickel, no KSM, no any software can replace dedicated hardware reset button. You need in such cases to rely on pressing power button, or wait for battery to completely empty. If that can help.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote