View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The fees aren't cheap but I've seen higher charges for overnight shipping and $5.99 for Prime members is pretty sweet. If this were available in my area, I'm sure I'd use it. Heck, I pay that to get a pizza delivered. Usually the unlimited 2-day is fine for me but occasionally I'm impatient and pay $3.99 for overnight. Another $2 for same-day delivery isn't much of a jump. I wonder if this will increase Prime memberships.
I LOVE my Prime membership. I misplaced the battery charger for my main DSLR and had run out of charged batteries with a job pending...got a new charger and a few new batteries the next day for an extra $20. It would have taken me half-a-day and a quarter tank of fuel to go get them in Santa Barbara and even the Samys was not certain they actually had what I needed...plus the price was about 2x that of Amazon.

So, yup, paying a few bucks extra for same day would be sweet when I really need something. Also, recall, especially for fragile items like electronics, Amazon might provide the WORST packing in the known universe, so the less time in the hands of the shipping gorillas the better....hehehehe...

FYI, have you noticed the new program where you can order certain grocery items on Amazon and get home delivery. It too is only in a few select larger cities and I don't see how it could be expanded to everywhere but I know I it's a lot more efficient for me to have the return of home delivered groceries, you know like all grocery stores did once upon a time in America?

I really see Amazon gunning for one of the least challenged companies around and that is Costco...heck, perhaps Amazon could BUY Costco then make them the distributors for the grocery items. Instant infrastructure except for the delivery vehicles.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote