View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes - As An Ebook?

I have to admit - I am curious about this.

Fans of Sherlock Holmes are probably well acquainted with the two 'Annotated' compilations of the Sherlock Holmes canon: the grand original from William S. Baring-Gould, and the later edition from Leslie S. Klinger -- massive slip-cased volumes loaded with factual, and whimsical, notations throughout, filling the margins on most of the over-sized pages. And tons of illustrations.

Now there is a pre-order available on Amazon for a Kindle edition of the Klinger annotated volume of short stories: http://www.amazon.com/Annotated-Sher...herlock+holmes - for a hefty $25.14 (650 pages). There is no information specific to the ebook version yet on the page.

So, I wonder, how, or if, the annotations will be presented on the pages ....

I'll probably download a sample when it becomes available, but (given the recent spate of TEXT ONLY ebook editions) I don't realistically expect to discover that the annotations have been preserved as such. Maybe as linked footnotes?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote