Thread: Touch Preferred SD card
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Thanks for the warning. I have an 8gb Sandisc card I bought from currys, it was £14.99, they want £24.99 for the 16gb. It works great, both in my Simple Touch and Nook HD. I saw what 'looked' like the same 16gb on Amazon for £9.99. I wonder if that's a fake. I'd rather pay the high street prices if fakes are a problem.

If it's listed as being sold by SanDisk+Amazon, and you have the option of getting retail packaging, it was probably legit. Amazon is an official Sandisk retail partner ( or was last time I checked). If it was being sold by some other retailer through Amazon, or there wasn't an option to get retail packaging, you have good odds of getting a fake or a lower-quality card. The trick is to avoid purchasing from anyone who isn't an official Sandisk partner, and to avoid purchasing cards that have been taken out of Sandisk retail packaging. I've often wondered if Sandisk doesn't do a lot of the 'piracy' themselves, by dumping their borderline cards on non-partners without packaging, so they can protect their reputation for their retail cards.

I just wait until there's a Sandisk sale Daily Deals sale on Amazon (they happen every few months) and then buy any cards I think I'll need. I'm in the US though so I don't know if amazon.co.uk has the same deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
Is it possible to run the OS from the SD card like you can with the Nook tablets? Kinda nice to just remove the SD card and boot to a stock OS, incase of warranty stuff.
I don't think so, because so far I don't know of anyone who's gotten Android to run on the NST. I've only heard about people rooting it. I know over in the XDA forums someone started trying to do a build of Android 2.3 for the NST, but they kept bricking theirs and might have given up. I think the only options right now are stock or rooted stock.

Last edited by Rbneader; 06-13-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote