View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #33
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I don't agree with anything on that article.

First, I don't see why all reading should be enjoyable to everyone.

Second, I enjoyed most of the books on that list.

Third, I think kids nowadays don't read because we don't feed them enough classics, not the other way around.

Fourth, you were always able to criticize a book. "It sucks" is not criticizing.

Fifth, it is not that everything enjoyable is shallow.

Bah... just bah. We are simplifying school curricula, then someone like this comes along saying we don't simplify it enough. Shall we, perhaps, assign only comic books to our kids? So we don't have to discuss Shakespeare with them?

Laziness does not piss me off. But laziness in raising kids is offensive.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote