View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanielrb View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem converting an EPub to Mobi with Kindlegen 2.4.

I'm using the <guide> section to specify the start point. I've tried every combination imaginable, but basically:

<guide>
<reference href="Text/part0001.xhtml" title="Start Reading" type="text" />
<reference href="Text/part0000.xhtml" title="Table of Contents" type="toc" />
</guide>

The resulting .mobi works on the Kindle Keyboard, but not on Kindle 4: the book opens up in the middle of the TOC (not even in the beginning!).

I unpacked the .mobi, and found that there are TWO "text" elements in the mobi8 EPub:

<guide>
<reference href="Text/part0001.xhtml" title="Start Reading" type="text" />
<reference href="Text/part0000.xhtml" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc" />
<reference href="Text/part0001.xhtml" type="text">
</guide>

Could this be the problem? Or perhaps something else?

Thank you for any ideas!

Nathaniel
<guide>
<reference href="Text/part0001.xhtml" title="Start Reading" type="other.start" />
<reference href="Text/part0000.xhtml" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc" />
</guide>

That might work as it's now valid ePub code.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote