View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookster View Post
No, it just locks itself. In this, I haven't checked with PB360 or BeBook Mini, but I can guarantee for Sony models (so I suppose the PRS300 too). I'd vote for the Mini just because sometimes there's a bit of, er, conflict between ADE (which is the "proper" software for libraries) and Sony EBL (which used to keep the book anyway, even if it's locked- ILLOGICAL).
This way of reading past the due date is working fine on my Sony PRS-505. I just recently got access to public library (ADE) ebooks, and this is what I did:
- haven't connect to a computer
- charge via A/C adapter/mains
- have kept that ebook open on the Reader
- don't do full shutdown (only use the switch at the top, or auto power off).

I'm not sure if the latter two are required. Sorry, I don't want to chance testing anything until I finish this book.

Just checked, and the library ebook still reads fine. It's about a month past due.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote