View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
YES. If you don't get file copies from your publisher, BUY a copy and download it.

If you're...tecchy, I'd recommend reading up on the Calibre forums about how you can decrypt and maintain a clean file copy, for your own records. I won't say more than that, but consider it format-shifting. This way, you have a usable file. You guys would be shocked at how many times I've had to sally forth, buy a copy of someone's book and er, format-shift it, so that they have a usable copy of their OWN BOOK. (Which is the only person I'd do that for.)

Hitch
Good advice for anyone as far as having a clean copy of books that you have purchased.

Though I can see a future court case: "Your Honour, we will establish that the defendant downloaded and removed DRM from a ebook." "But, Your Honour, it's my book! I wrote it!".
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote