Thread: Literary X • February 2020
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 02:25 AM   #34
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
The book is great but the film of Gone with the Wind is definitely worth seeing! If something is too long and I'm not watching at a theatre or with someone, then I'll break it up into chunks as if I'm watching a miniseries. I recently (slowly) got through The Irishman on Netflix that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
Much

I was browsing through our movie collection this morning and what did I come across? A Dr Zhivago movie DVD.

So I have watched the movie, sometime or another, but it would have been years ago and I just cannot remember doing so or even anything about it. Quite likely too, I will have in the intervening years seen it on the shelf and then maybe have been put off by the 3+ hour run time.

So, next task is to set aside 3+ hours for wife and I to watch it (again ) .
Not remembering things happens! Honestly I didn't remember the film was that long and I don't remember if I watched it on VHS or some truncated version on the telly. It wasn't my choice to watch, and I'm sure if I saw the full version and there were any naughty bits I would've been told to cover my scandalised eyes.

I may rewatch it after I finish the book. There's also a 2002 serial version with Hans Matheson and Keira Knightly that I haven't seen. It's longer than the older film, though not by all that much.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote