View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #75
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@susmoka: You failed to follow step 1.

I have 114 (and growing, there's apparently going to be a metric shitton of KOA3 variants) different models to sort through, so, "Kindle", is a wee bit vague.

EDIT: At a glance, my best guess would be: OOB != factory FW. You need a factory FW, not simply an OOB device. Because that would be too easy .
Maybe you should number the steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susmoka View Post
Sorry, itís a Kindle 9, and it came with the firmware 5.11.0 so I assumed itís the factory FW?
You are still not following step 1. "Kindle 9" is meaningless in identifying for jail break purposes.

Factory firmware is the special firmware for use in the factory. Kindles come out of the box with customer firmware, not factory firmware.

If you do not read all the instructions carefully, you are in for many problems along the way.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote