View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 09:12 AM   #27
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Also, as has been discussed previously, displaying a changing clock on an eInk device is not overly practical or efficient.
Clock is a kind of must have for myself. On all my Sony ebook readers I had clock. It wasn't always "live" (changing time as time changes, not with page turns), but it was there.

Now on Kobo, I know that you can have clock with koreader and coolreader (not live ones though).

From programing point of view, I'm sure it could be done with live clock also. Not that I myself know how to do that, but seeing how ebook software works, I'm sure it could be done, to change small portion of screen where clock is to place new information every minute (it actually could be possible to change it every second from technical point of view, but that's a bit overkill).

Having clock is one of reasons why now I use koreader exclusively. And I'm happy with it. Of course, that's just my opinion and how I look on question of having clock visible in footer versus not having clock and need to go and find it somewhere in menus.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote