View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 02:29 PM   #55
sonix
sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.sonix is that somebody.

Device: PocketBook 626
Good afternoon.

First of all I would like to thank to m4mmon, nhedgehog and rkomar for their huge contribution in this case. I have also "experience" with read-only internal flash micro sd card, but with help from this thread I have successfully replaced internal sd card.

I used 8 GiB sd card as replacement and I did not modified "First sector value". Because I have usb card reader I looked for another solution how to get CID from original internal sd card. I used for read out arduino uno and micro sd card adapter with soldered wires. After I knew CID I searched it in card image and surprisingly I found it on file system in file "fwinfo.txt" located on root of /dev/sdc9 ("secure" partition with size 98MiB) and also on /dev/sdc1 ("user" partition with size 3,2GiB). This file contains line "sdsn: 0x12300423" where the number starting with 0x was the CID in my case.
sonix is offline   Reply With Quote