View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 06:19 AM   #25
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
The two I was thinking of were Star Trap which is 62,654 words (284 pages) and Convenience Store Woman at 32,157 words (176 pages). My current read is < 50,000 words.

I tend to mostly read books in the 80,000-120,000 word range. Around 150,000 and I start to feel like it might be an effort to get through. But like you I'd rather read a well-written book than one the right length, whether that's short or long.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote