View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 09:55 PM   #67
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The way the book looks is terrible. There's a useless embedded font. The chapter headers is too small and lightweight and takes up too much space on screen. Every paragraph has no indent and a paragraph space. My way is fairly easy and it fixes it so it has no paragraph space, indents, and the chapter header is easier to see and does not waste so much screen space. Plus, this is one of the easiest Vellum created eBooks to fix.
Interesting. You must be seeing different Vellum books from what I see. As I mentioned, I put my version of body, p and .subsq. Though last time I looked, the original CSS did not indent every paragraph. When I look at the text files, the first paragraph of the text has <p class="first first-in-chapter first-full-width">, sadly when I look at the CSS, there is no first, first-in-chapter for first-full-width in the CSS so removing undefined classes changes that first paragraph's p tag to <p> which means the text-indent: 0; is going to apply. The subsequent paragraphs getting indented by 1.5em.

The chapter header cleans up when I remove the embedded font, yet another automated procedure.

I actually went back and checked 23 Vellum created ebooks. Neither the 2 variants of the Vellum stylesheets caused all the paragraphs to indent and have extra spacing.

Perhaps you could post a sample of the CSS that is giving you every paragraph indented and with extra space between paragraphs?

All things considered, I will simply continue with my quick and dirty automate list that does 95% of the work for me and keeps my wife happy. Happy wife, happy life is rather true.

Spoiler:

Code:
body {
    font-family: Palatino, serif;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
}

p {
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    text-indent: 0px;
    margin-top: 0px;
    text-align: justify;