View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:36 AM   #135
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The problem basically is that the supermarkets have driven the prices they pay to their suppliers down and down, to the point where THEY can't source from reputable suppliers any longer. This really is a problem of the supermarkets' own making, in my view.
I think even the consumers don't go entirely without blame... quite a few people expect to pay the absolute minimum possible for meat and other food products. People that pay 2-3 Euro for a frozen lasagna and expect a quality product are simply delusional.

I still raise my eyebrows at snobbish 'foodies' claiming only the most expensive meat, vegetables etc are worth being eaten; on the other hand it is no surprise that those paying the lowest prices are scraping the bottom of the barrel with regards to quality.
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote