View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
simongee
T1 rooter
simongee doesn't littersimongee doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
YES! GOT IT!

again thank u uboot, you were exactly right. I just created new /data (ext4) partition, but didnt format it... i was somehow assuming it would be already formated as ext4 after creating it.
So for u guys that want to try this too, i would like to add that i dont know anything about linux. I was able to do this without typing one single command into any console.
JUST DONT MESS WITH ANY OTHER PARTITION THAN READER, /data, /system
If u read this thread and have some experience with partitions under windows, this is totally doable. So here is what i did after my last post and uboot told me about formating the new partition:

1) restored my backup i had made with rupor's method (tool: Roadkil's Disk Image)
2) connected to pc in recovery mode
3) this time i didnt use Paragon Free Edition. It was really annoying me as it was only doing stuff after rebooting the pc every time. So i switched to MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.1 (from here: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html)
4) shrink READER partition (keep it at the end of the drive, creating free space between READER and /system)
5) move /system to the end of extended partition. Now there is free space between /data and /system)
6) tool cant enlarge /data to the beginning of /system, which is what i wanted to do. So i deleted /data and created new ext4 partition in the space that is now free. Labeled it "data". Then FORMATED it as "ext4"
7) Now /data is empty. I tried to reboot. Reader wouldnt boot up
8) Tried uboot's new 1.04 sd recovery. Didnt work.

@uboot
It didnt work. Just as the 1st time i tried it. Reader stuck in "opening book" screen forever. I waited 2 hours, sd still blinking, no rebooting... So i pressed "reset"... Luckily it did nothing at all. I was really afraid pressing reset while led still blinking. Also no log file created... Something is wrong with it maybe? did u try it urself?

9) So i used "PRS-T1_SD_UPDATER_1.0.04.12210" by amutin from here: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22502
10) reader booted up fine. Rooted again using rupors package. BUT after checking "phone storage" under settings, still only 48 MB on /data But now i knew why! The sd-recovery flashed the old /data partition back which is 48 MB.
11) So back to recovery/Partitioning tool. TBH i dont really understand why this next thing worked. I formated /data again using "format partition" in the tool. But after formating, only the size changed and there was still data on it. So i rebooted and BAM, reader asked for initial settings. Root still there. "Phone storage" 520 MB.
simongee is offline   Reply With Quote