View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #8
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
There has been some speculation that households once they own their first device are buying additional devices.
Sounds like my household. I passed on ereaders a long time ago. They were too expensive, not capable enough, and had little content.

I sat in on Bezo's Fire launch event and came away wanting a Kindle not a Fire. I've had one for a month now and everyone in my family has had a chance to use it. I can't understand how I lived without a kindle, kids are not at all interested, and wife is not very interested. Two are holding out for Fires. College boy wants a Win8 tab. So we will move from zero to three ereaders in three months.

Price is a factor, but so are size, battery life, and content availability. I use my kindle almost exclusively as an ereader of media aggregated by Libre. My family will more likely use the Fires to play games and watch movies.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote