Thread: DR1000 Patch for DR1000 firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Patch for DR1000 firmware

NOTE there are newer versions available in this thread, the newest version is p14, see message #266.

I am starting to look what to improve on the published firmware, this is the first version of my patches it adds/changes:
- For 'shortcuts' it shows the name that is IN the desktop file and not the name of the desktop file.
- Due to a bug (?), the last-read date-time of opened files was not updated for the DR1000. This is now fixed.
- I changed the behaviour of Recently Added to Recently Read in Home. This is only a first start, I want to add new items to Home in the future and not change the behaviour of existing ones. This allows quick access to the last-read documents. (Note that only after installation of this patch, the last-read date/time will be updated, so the initial content will be rather 'random'.)

NOTE: THIS ONLY WORKS ON THE DR1000!

To install click on Programs/Install/ApplyMackxPatch.desktop, it saves a copy of the original ctb, which can be restored with RestoreMackxPatch, or by re-installing the firmware.

I also included the changed files.

Please give me your feedback.

PS: I am not sure if updating firmware is suitable for everyone, so I post this in the development sub-forum.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p1.zip (40.6 KB, 939 views)
File Type: zip MackxPatch-dr1000-p1-src.zip (23.3 KB, 883 views)

Last edited by Mackx; 03-31-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: releasing p14
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote