View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #158
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsj View Post
Since I've only used Kindle's and not Kobo's, can you clarify on this? I'm gathering that if I tap-and-hold on a word, the M-W definition comes up (just like on a Kindle). But are you saying that I can tap-and-hold on a word that is in a foreign language and I'll get a translation? Without being connected to the internet? If so, what languages for translation are pre-loaded on the Kobo?
Yes. As I stated earlier in this thread (here), you can translate words from and to English in the following languages: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and I think I'm missing some. It does not require an internet connection.

When you select a word by tapping-and-holding, the dictionary pop-up comes up. In the bottom of the pop-up you can hit 'translate', and you can select any of the above languages to translate from or to.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 09-19-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote