View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 07:05 PM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
I do picture the action, the scene and the characters.

It is also easier if there is a movie related to the book, then picturing the characters is pretty sharp and easy as I just picture the actors and the locations from the movie.
No, no, no! You must read the book first. It’s an unalterable law of the universe.

To answer the question: I’m mostly about the words and the language, but I do get snapshots. Rather blurry snapshots. When the text is about imagery, I make an effort to slow down and picture it, rather than bang through. The other senses aren’t in play — except that when I listen to an audiobook, I’ll identify some voices as “wrong.”
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote