Thread: Telephone Scam
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 06:09 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats2books View Post
Today I have received 4 calls from what my caller ID shows as Apple Inc. The recorded message says that my iCloud ID has been compromised and that I need to press 1 to speak with support, or call a number that they give.

The number that my caller ID shows is my local Apple Store number. I called the Apple Store and they have a recorded message saying that they are aware of people receiving fraudulent calls and that you should not give out any information to the caller.

These people are evil!
I've seen and heard of scams like that for other places (usually via email) like Ebay and now Netflix as well. Always best to check by going directly to the site rather than by clicking on links in an email or calling a # you are given.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote