View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
The Hal Spacejock series by Spacejock (Simon Haynes) is great fun, except I already read it. Bought the next 3 books in the series last week. Book #1 is in our uploads section for free.

I nominate it, even though I've already read it.
I'll second Hal Spacejock.

Quote:
Hal Spacejock explodes onto the science fiction scene with the subtlety of a meteor strike and the hushed reverence of a used car salesman. A perennial loser, Hal borrowed heavily to fund his intergalactic cargo business. His loyal customers evaporated after several highly publicized mishaps, and mounting bills have confined him to planet Lamira. As the book opens, the finance company is despatching heavies to all points of the compass, desperate to track Hal down and extract money and/or vital organs. Meanwhile, on a nearby planet, a wealthy businessman needs a freelance cargo pilot for a suicidal cargo mission. Ideally, he wants a desperate, debt-ridden loser. Hal Spacejock works on several levelsstraight humor, rousing adventure and social satire, and will appeal to fans of Red Dwarf, HitchHikers Guide and works by Terry Pratchett, Tom Holt and Robert Rankin.