View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 01:50 AM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I think this, as it is now, might not be useful but I can easily imagine how it might work in the future. I think we are headed toward a 'hard drive on a stick' type of system where everything---apps, OS, files, the works---is on one tiny little stick. And then you buy different screens for it. So at work, you would have a dumb terminal PC screen with keyboard and mouse, and you plug it in and do your work. Then you unplug the stick and take it home where you can use it in another dumb terminal---or in a cell phone sized, or ebook sized or tv sized terminal. Same apps, same files, same everything but you can plug it into different screens or terminals.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote